Friday, April 11, 2008

Family Calendar

This was the looooooongest week ever! I'm so thankful that the sun is shining and the kids are running around in the yard again. They can play outside all day if I let them. I also enjoy not having to clean up as much, because they are playing outdoors. This weekend will be nice as well, so I'm looking forward to seeing the ducks swim in the lake and taking a walk on the trails. Spending time together as family can be really hard when your husband works long hours. It's imperative to block out times and dates to have consistent " family time". When we don't get to spend time together as a family I can see a change in the children's behavior. I've decided to make a "family calendar" of events, so that the children will have something to look forward to. We are always together on Sundays. We attend church together and eat lunch around the table when we get back. I love it when we get to spend time together and I'm hoping that we can do it more often, not just on Sundays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

having a family calendar of events is a nice thing to do, it help your children focus their interest on that upcoming event, aside from that you can share the happiness on your family in taking chances.

Popular Posts